Center for Urban Performance and Service
Vision Statement -CUPS is a ministry of Westside Ministries dedicated to training up children, youth and adults to become skillful worshipers of Christ through the creative arts.
CUPS Dance and Music ministry offers a variety of classes that range from Ballet, Hip-Hop, acting, and even vocal lessons. Please attend a parent meeting or visit the office if you are interesting in enrolling for the 2018-19 season.
Center for Urban Performance and Service’s 20th annual Christmas production “Just Believe Again” will take place Saturday, December 1st at Turlock Community Theatre. Join Emilia and her family as they navigate the influences of gangs and violence, only to realize that God is truly in control. An eye-opening exploration leads to happiness and redemption, not to mention song, dance, and Christmas cheer! Tickets are a $10 suggested donation for adults and $5 for children and can be purchased at the event one hour prior to show time, or at the ministry in advance. For more information call 209-667-9020.
Online Registration System
CUPS offers an online registration system that allows parents to create an account, enroll students, make payments, and much more through their own parent portal. To be taken to our parent portal, please click on the following link. (Click on the following links for help registering) Remember, the hard copies of the forms below must also be turned in order to complete registration.
Semester Tuition Rates
- For Westside Students: $25/month or 5 hours of service/month per student at Westside Workday.
- Non-Westside Students: $45/month
*To qualify as a Westside student, you must live within the school district of Wakefield, Cunningham, and Osborn Elementary schools. For more information or qualifications, please call the office at 209-667-9020.
Cuota Mensuales de Semestre
- Para los estudiantes de Westside: $ 25 / mes o 5 horas de servicio / mes por estudiante en el día de trabajo.
- Estudiantes no de Westside: $ 45 / mes
** Los estudiantes de Westside califican si usted vive dentro del distrito escolar de Wakefield, Cunningham y Osborn Elementary. Para obtener más información o calificaciones, llame a la oficina al 209-667-9020.
- Registration Fee: A $10.00 fee is due upon enrollment per family once a year. *A $50 fee is due for those in the “Aerial” class per child per semester.
- Production Fee: A $50 fee is due for each production per family upon registering for classes (2x per year).
- Parents have the option to help backstage with production to wave the fee.
- Students who drop after October 1st and April 1st will still have to pay the $50 production Fee.
- A $5 late fee will be charged if students are picked up more that 15 minutes after class ends and $1 per minute after the first 15 minutes.
- A $1 fee will be charged to students who need to use the office phone to make a phone call.
*CUPS dance and music ministry holds two shows per year. From Broadway style Christmas shows to Biblical stories in the Spring, dance and music students have an opportunity to perform for the audience of one!
December 1st, 2018 @ 2:00pm & 7:00pm
Located at the Turlock Community Theatre;
1574 E Canal Dr. Turlock, CA 95380
May 3 at 7:00pm and May 4 at 2:00pm & 7:00pm, 2019
Located at Westside Ministries;
950 Columbia St. Turlock, CA 95380
*Must attend: All Day Mandatory Dance Day- Monday November 12th and Friday April 19th 9am-4pm. Sneak Peak 6pm-7pm.
**Note that Dance Days are also Picture Days for our Picture Fundraiser. Therefore, students must attend Dance Day in order to have their picture taken.
Photography/Videography During Show at WSM
We will not allow any photography or video recording of any kind during shows at WSM. You may record when we are at the TCT as long AS YOU ARE IN YOUR SEAT OR IN THE BALCONY. There are no exceptions.
What to Wear (Dress Code)
- T-shirt (loose fitting – does not show stomach)
- Leggings or dance pants
- Correct dance shoes (depending on class)
- Must have ballet shoes for Ballet Class
- Hair securely pulled back (no accessories, bows, etc)
*Required forms for enrollment.*Formas necesarias para inscripción.
Please note new students must attend a parent meeting or meet with CUPS staff before enrolling.
*CUPS Parent Handout (please read thoroughly, do not need to print)
*CUPS Libreta de Padres (por favor lean bien, no necesitan imprimir)
Other Important Documents/Otros Importantes Documentos
Center for Urban Performance and Service
A ministry of Westside Ministries
Phone: 209-667-9020 Fax: 667-1107